My Weight Loss Journal

My journey to a thinner, healthier me through nutrition and body cleansing to safely and naturally lose weight.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Boy Are My Legs Sore!

Hubby, the kids, and I decided to walk the bridge last night. The same bridge that the Cooper River Bridge Run was on this year. The bridge itself is about 2.5 miles (tack on .5 for the walk before you get to the bridge), so across and back is 6 miles. Anyway, we went walking and I pushed the double Jeep stroller with both kids in it the entire way across. Let me tell you the path up the bridge is steep! I could feel the burn literally. See my goal was to just make it to the first upside down V of the suspension bridge. That was quite a climb. Well once we got there I just kept going, and we went all the way across the bridge. Along the way though the kids got a little fussy and the juice cup got open and spilled, so we were out of juice - yikes! So not only did we walk across the bridge, but we even walked at least another mile to a convenience store to get some juice and water and something for the kids to munch on. In total, we walked at least 8 miles! Boy, did I feel it later too - ouch! I even jogged a little on the way down the steep side of the bridge on the way back - woo hoo! My legs and knees were really feeling it and for some odd reason my neck was a little sore too. It's not so bad now, but I did not want to get out of bed. Went downstairs and got my bottle of Sunjing, and that seemed to help quite a bit with the soreness and stiffness. The great thing about that is, it has a minty scent. It doesn't smell like medicine, and it works well. Cleared my sinuses too lol.

Anyway, that walk was a huge accomplishment for me. I had cheated some before then, and ate some foods I shouldn't have, but I'm not quitting. My goal is to be down 3 more pounds on weigh-in Weds. So goal weight for Weds is 252.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home